A non-beam hazard (NBH) is exposure not related to a beam of Photons, but nonetheless includes associated risks. Examples of NBH include:
- Electronic/electrical hazards such as supply/mains power, high-voltage stingers, and operating supplies
- Thermal risks which exist from extreme temperatures when working with cryogenic materials at the low end and targets exposed to 2000°C and higher.
- Exposure to materials which may be carcinogenic and/or lethal
- Exceedingly high levels of RF
- Sound or noises which may exceed pain and/or loss of hearing, exceeding OSHA standards.
- Gaseous and vaporous elements
- Mechanical hazards such as guards, rotating machinery, and robotics